14 September 2019 (10 am to 4.30 pm)
15 September 2019 (12 noon to 4.30 pm)
In 1903 Lint Riggs was reconstructed using design parameters laid down by burgh engineer David Ronald and it is consequently the most architecturally consistent street in the area with a Continental feel. The dominant building is the Masonic Temple with its classical Corinthian style under a balustrade. It is the only Masonic Temple in the district and was completed in 1906 for Lodge Callendar No.588, the second lodge of freemasons to be established in the town. The internal decoration and furnishing is very interesting, especially the five outstanding painted windows with their floral patterns; each represents a Principal Office Bearer namely - The Right Worshipful Master in the centre flanked on either side by the Worshipful Senior and Junior Wardens. The two Wardens are flanked on their other side by windows representing the Senior and Junior Deacons.
All in all this is an exceptional masonic lodge building.
Architect: Alexander Black
Building Date: 1905