16 September 2018 (due to team training tours are subject to availability – please check for last moment details.)
Falkirk Stadium is home to the Scottish Championship club, Falkirk FC, and has a capacity of 7,937.
Work began on building the stadium in 2003 after Brockville Park, the club's town centre home since 1885, was sold and demolished. The new stadium was opened in 2004 with the main stand completed. It was designed by Falkirk Council architects and constructed by Mowlem. The main façade faces west towards the town and is dominated by four apsidal metal sheeted stairwells and horizontal bands of powder blue-tinted windows. The north and south stands were built and opened in 2005 and 2009 respectively.
The project of building the stadium started as a partnership between Falkirk Football Club and Falkirk Council who set up the Falkirk Community Stadium Ltd. Falkirk's first ever game at the stadium was a friendly in July 2004 against Dundee resulting in a 2–1 defeat (but we don’t mention that).
The second stand to the north of the pitch has a capacity of 2,000 and its completion brought the stadium's capacity to over the Scottish Premier League's 6,000 seating criteria, meaning Falkirk was allowed automatic promotion from the First Division. The stand received its safety certificate in late March 2005, shortly before the SPL's deadline.
An artificial playing surface was installed at the stadium in June 2013. In 2016 Lowland Football League side Stirling University FC started playing their home matches at the ground, having moved from Stirling Albion's Forthbank Stadium. Likewise, in April 2018 it was announced that East Stirlingshire would begin playing their home matches at the Falkirk Stadium from the start of the 2018–19 season. The club had previously played in the town at Firs Park until 2008, before spending a decade ground-sharing with Stenhousemuir at Ochilview Park.
Courtesy of Falkirk Football Club.
Architect: Falkirk Council
Building Date: 2004