28 September 2019 (12:00 - 16:00)
Built originally for the Industrial Exhibition of 1922, the category 'B' listed building was purchased to become the home of Edinburgh Corporation Transport?s bus fleet in 1926 then housing 108 vehicles including buses, char-a-bancs and city cars. The garage was extended in 1933 and again in 1963. By the mid 1960?s with garage was home to 242 buses and the company also had satellite garages at Longstone, Portobello, Tollcross and Leith. Of particular interest is the building?s roof dome and bus wash. Today the building is the Head Office of the Lothian Group, housing over 250 buses and 900 staff.
Building Date: 1922
As this is Lothian Buses' 100 year anniversary, buses from throughout the years