28 September 2019 (11:00 - 16:00)
29 September 2019 (13:00 - 17:00)
A spectacular building and the longest Parish Church in Scotland, St Mary’s was built c. 1380-1450 in a beautiful setting beside the River Tyne. It was badly damaged by the English army during the Siege of Haddington in 1548, during the ‘Rough Wooing’. Marks of gunshots are still visible. The nave served as the Parish Church from 1561 until 1972 when the choir and transepts were re-roofed in a remarkable restoration project.
There is a free concert by Andante Chamber Choir at 4pm on Sunday.
Building Date: 15C