Back to List

Friends of Hermitage Park

25 September 2021 (Online)

26 September 2021 (Online)

Argyll & Bute

The War Memorial was dedicated on Sunday 25 June 1922, and was reported in the local Helensburgh and Gareloch Times and in the Glasgow Herald the following day. Many sources mistakenly say that the listed war memorial was built or designed in 1923, when the correct date should be 1922, as proven by the press reports. The design was exhibited in 1923, but it was already constructed, and open to the public in 1922.

Key Information

Architect: Alexander Nisbet Paterson

Building Date: 1922

Address
  • Hermitage Park
  • Sinclair Street
  • Helensburgh
  • G84 8TU