24 September 2017 (By appointment)
Brantwoode is a Category A listed building, which was built in 1895 by the architect William Leiper. It follows the Old English style popularised by the Arts & Crafts Movement and retains many of its original features, including Kauri pine panelling in the living room and, above an open fire, some Tynecastle Canvas wallpaper designed by William Morris. The main entrance is to the rear of the house allowing a flow of inter-connecting reception rooms facing south to catch the view and to allow privacy for the family. The house is furnished and decorated as close to the period as possible but also includes commissioned pieces in the true Arts and Crafts spirit.
Guided tours will depart at 11am, 2pm and 3pm each day.
Booking is essential via Eventbrite:
Architect: William Leiper
Building Date: 1895