23 September 2007
Argyll & Bute
Barochan House is a small mansion in private occupation. It was built some time before 1855 by the Duke of Argyll for the use of his local Factor. It is stone built and retains many original features including a stone staircase. The frontage is distinguished by having 4 bays over 3. It is open by kind permission of the owner, Mrs C Byrne.