14 September 2019 (10.00am - 4.00pm)
15 September 2019 (12.00 - 4.00pm)
The church is built with pink and white granite from local quarries which belonged to Sir Robert Burnett. It is built in the early English style and is a category C listed building. It's principal feature is a tower 18 feet square rising to a height of 70 feet and then terminating in a slated tower roof making the total height 100 feet. The south end of the church has a gothic triple window and the east and west sides are flanked by buttresses and on the north side behind the pulpit there is a circular window. the original pews on the ground floor were replaced by moveable seating following a major refurbishment in 2013 although the gallery stills has pews to accommodate 200 worshippers. There has been an organ in the sanctuary since 1894. the sanctuary now has superb lighting and the modernised halls, kitchens and toilets provide an excellent facility for use by the local community. There has been a clock in the church tower since 1885 although the current clock was installed in 1969.
Architect: James Souttar
Building Date: 1880