14 September 2019 (10:00am - 4:00pm)
15 September 2019 (10:00 - 4:00pm)
The B listed church was designed by architect James Matthews in 1858 at the commission of Major Ramsay, Laird of Straloch. The building was originally built as both a church and as an estate school. A board school was later built in 1876, since which time, All Saint's has been used only as a church. Major Ramsay's daughter, Mrs Irvine of Drum and Straloch commissioned the 11 stained glass windows and reredos designed by Sir Ninian Comper between 1896 and 1916 installed in the church. Comper was one of the last Scottish Gothic Revival architects, noted for his churches and their furnishings, in particular, stained glass windows. There will be an exhibition on the stained glass windows by Sir Ninian Comper and members of the church will be on hand throughout the day to talk about the building and its contents.
Architect: James Matthews
Building Date: 1858