Colzium Museum and Colzium Lennox Estate
21 September 2019
Colzium House was built in 1783, substantially enlarged in 1861, but much of the original building was pulled down in the late 1940s, due to dry rot, but the Victorian frontage and wings survive to form the house we see today. The Colzium Lennox Estate is rich in history and includes the excavated remains of a 15th Century L-plan tower house demolished in 1703, and a traditional Scottish ice-house c.1680 which has been restored and is open for public inspection. Also on the estate is a fine walled garden with numerous interesting shrubs and trees. The former Clock Theatre has been converted into a visitor centre and garden cafe, featuring audio visual displays about Colzium’s colourful history.