14 September 2019 (2.00pm to 4.00pm)
15 September 2019 (2.00pm to 4.00pm)
The gothic-style building became multi-purpose when the adjacent hall (1930s) was abandoned. Rededicated/remodelled in 1999, the church is now used by both community and church groups. Once linked with St Paul’s, Armadale, St Columba’s became an independent charge in the 1940s. Since the 1970s it has been linked with St Mildred’s, now St Peter’s in Linlithgow; and like St Peter’s, it exemplifies Scotland’s complex denominational history.
Architect: W J Walker Todd of Todd and Miller (originally); M Henderson of Dick Peddie and McKay (remodelling)
Building Date: 1915 - 1916
Members of the congregation will offer fact sheets and further information.