14 September 2019 (2.00pm to 4.00pm)
15 September 2019 (2.00pm to 4.00pm)
A church has believed to have existed on the present site since around 1150 and formally consecrated in 1241. The oldest part of the present Church was built on the original site in 1542 and the west extension added in 1863. The oldest gravestone in the churchyard is dated 1636, and the organ is by James Conacher 1888. The church is Category A Listed and the restoration won the West Lothian Award for Conservation in 1992. The stained glass windows were restored in 1995. Previous famous visitors have included John Knox, James ‘Paraffin’ Young, David Livingstone and Frederic Chopin.
Architect: Brown and Wardrop, Architects (transepts and belfry 1863); Stewart Tod & Partners (restoration work 1992)
Building Date: 1542 and later additions. Restored 1992.