14 September 2019 (11.00am to 3.00pm)
Now owned by Scottish Historic Buildings Trust (SHBT), Blackburn House was built in 1772 by George Moncrieff, a merchant who had made his fortune in the West Indies. Two hundred years later, it fell derelict and remained that way for over 25 years. Thanks to SHBT, it was restored and brought back into use in 2008, winning the Georgian Group's Best Restoration of a Georgian Country House Award.
Architect: Original unknown; restorers in 2008, Simpson and Brown
Building Date: 1772
Main building, East Pavillion, and Doocot will be open. There will be tours of the main building, including the old kitchens.