How to get there : Glasgow Road, near Kilbowie Road intersection.
Recently restored and renovated 1902 building by James Miller. The clock tower was originally plain on a building which became the focus of the town's administration. A Winged Mercury figure, once above the tower and brought down by the storm of 1968, now stands�above the caf�. The heavily quoined fa�ade with frontispiece of coupled columns has some fine stone carving.
Exhibitions on Clydebank's proud industrial heritage and new galleries with exciting touring exhibitions as well as the Council's permanent exhibition of fine art.
There is a great exhibition on during Doors Open Day: "When the Clyde Ruled the Waves". This exhibition explores the shipbuilding history of West Dunbartonshire, the yards, ship building families, workers and famous ships that made the area renowned throughout the world for its ship building expertise Also see the Clydebank guided walk and Clydebank Blitz bus tour which start from here. The Titan Crane is nearby. Entrance is free during Doors Open Day, but needs booking. Refer to the relevant event.
Architect: James Miller
Building Date: 1901-02