14 September 2019 (1.00 – 4.00)
29 Spittal St., Stirling FK8 1DU
Saturday 15th September: 12.00 – 4.00
This beehive bastion on the Old Town Wall, behind Allan’s Primary School, dates from the 1500’s. It later served as a gunpowder store, was converted into a Doocot sometime in the 1700’s and, more recently, was renovated in 2003. The Old Town Wall itself is constructed directly onto the rock which, in many places throughout the Old Town, is only just below the ground surface. Three gun loops are visible from the south side of the wall. Take this rare opportunity to come along and see inside and find out a bit more about this little building.
Limited disabled access