7 September 2019
(10:30 am - 3:30 pm)
The first stone built church on this site, dedicated to St Nicholas, is recorded as being inexistence as early as the 12th Century. In the vestibule of this building hangs a list of Ministers from Pastor Robert of Bigir in 1146 down to the most recent minister. Most of the church furnishings date from its restoration in 1935. The church has a total of 13 stained glass windows, the earliest dating from 1870 and the most recent, installed in 1991, is by local stained glass artist, Crear McCartney. The Kirkyard is well worth exploring as it contains many old and interesting stones including a good example of an Adam and Eve stone.