Built in 1838/39 on the site of the existing Tolbooth which has been in existence for over 800 years. Main features include a court room and 6 cells, so please be well behaved!! The building contains several historic paintings. in 2014 ownership was transferred from the local Council to Forres Heritage Trust.
Open 10am - 4pm. Volunteers will be present to answer questions and guided tours are available. Disabled access to some rooms.
Architect: William Robertson
Building Date: 1839