Tall and imposing, as court-rooms should be!
In Classical style rather than the usual Gothic Revival and built in 1866 to a design by A & W Reid, nephews and successors to William Robertson whose previous elegant building it replaced, Elgin Sheriff Court building sits at the corner of High Street and Glover Street.
The interior was extensively renovated in 2006 to accommodate the Justice of the Peace Court. Listed Category B.
Guided tours on the hour & half hour from 10am to 2pm. No booking required.
Architect: A and W Reid,
Building Date: 1864-66