8 September 2018 (1030 to 1500 hrs)
The Lodge was completed and consecrated in 1766 by the local order of Freemasons and is one of the oldest purpose-built lodge rooms in the world. The Freemasons are the only surviving trade guild in Dalkeith and the lodge room continues to be used to this day. The lodge room contains many historical Masonic artefacts and features, including a statue of St Andrew by Sir John Steele. This lodge was one of the founder lodges of the Grand Lodge of Scotland.
Building Date: 1766
For Doors Open Day there will be guided tours and the Lodge will be set out as if for a Masonic Meeting. Members will be on hand to assist with any enquiries. Complimentary tea and coffee for visitors.
Some assistance may be required with disabled access.