1 September 2018 (10am to 12noon, 2.30pm to 5pm)
2 September 2018 (2pm to 4pm)
The Cathedral which is dedicated to St Andrew was designed by architect Alexander Ross and built between 1866-9. It was consecrated in 1874 and is the mother church of the Episcopal diocese of Moray, Ross and Caithness. The Cathedral contains a picture celebrating the consecration of the first American Bishop, Samuel Seabury in 1784 and Russian icons presented to Bishop Eden by Tsar Alexander. There are a number of interesting features including the architecture and windows including the great west window representing Our Lord in Glory at the Last Judgement and the diocese's memorial to Bishop Eden.
Architect: Alexander Ross
Building Date: 1866-69
Free information leaflet available in several languages an full colour guide book available to buy.