31 August 2019 (10am to 5pm)
1 September 2019 (10am to 5pm)
At the west end of Cawdor village is Cawdor Parish Church. The first church on this site appears to have been T-shaped and was built in 1619. Parts of the former church of 1619, including the porch, are incorporated into the present church which dates from 1830. The tower at the end of the south arm dates back to 1619, though the belfry was probably added in the 1700s.
Internally the church has a pulpit set against its south wall and galleries in the east, west and north arms. Much of the woodwork dates back to a remodelling of the interior in 1904.
Doors Open Days is very much part of our 400 year celebrations - we plan to have the church full of flowers, with refreshments, live music, and guides to show people around the church and grave yard. On Sunday at 10.15am we will be having a songs of praise.
Building Date: 1619