15 September 2019 (1200 - 1700)
St. Margaret's was designed by Sir Robert Rowand Anderson and opened in 1896. It contains many interesting features including a reredos by Sir Hew Lorimer and stained glass by Willy Wilson and John Blyth as well as artwork by Jurek Putter which tells the story of St Margaret of Scotland. The pipe organ dates to 1872 and was constructed by G.M Holdich. The shrine of St Margaret of Scotland is housed in the Lady Chapel and contains a relic of St Margaret which was returned to Scotland from the Escorial, Spain in 1862. The relic returned to Dunfermline in 2008. It is housed in gothic reliquary.
Architect: Sir Rowand Anderson
Building Date: 1896