Search
Search
Back to List

Cairneyhill Parish Church & Watch House

Door open days

15 September 2019 (1000 - 1500)

Fife West

Situated on the East Entrance to the village, Cairneyhill Church (1752) has served its congregation through various splits and unions until becoming part of the Church of Scotland in 1929. A simple building structure with the pulpit on the long wall between two stained glass commemorative windows. It is considered of historic importance having been in continuous use in a relatively unaltered form. it was restored externally with the help of Historic Scotland and the Heritage Lottery Fund in 2013. There are garden grounds and a Victorian Watch House built to guard the church graveyard from body snatchers.

 

Facilities

All visitors are welcome to attend the morning service which will be held at 1130.

Key Information

Building Date: 1752

All visitors are welcome to attend the morning service which will be held at 1130.

Where to find us

Address
  • 3 Main Street
  • Cairneyhill
  • Dunfermline
  • KY12 8QT