Search
Search
Back to List

BURNTISLAND PARISH CHURCH

New
Door open days

8 September 2019 (1400 - 1600)

Fife Central

Built between 1592-1595, this is the oldest post reformation church still in use in Scotland. Burntisland Parish Church is also known as the 'Kirk of the Bible' because King James VI of Scotland held the General Assembly here in May 1601 where he granted a new translation of the Bible since known as the 'King James Authorised Version'.

Facilities

Key Information

Building Date: 1592-95

Where to find us

Address
  • East Leven Street
  • Burntisland
  • KY3 9DX