Search
Search
Back to List

University of Edinburgh: Old College (1)

Door open days

Edinburgh

Beyond the South Bridge front of Old College, only a small part of the design by Robert Adam 1789 was actually built. The remainder was largely completed by William Playfair 1817-40 and the dome added by Robert Rowand Anderson 1877. Tours every hour on the hour (last tour 1500), including the Playfair Library, one of Edinburgh's grandest interiors, and the Raeburn Room with its significant portraits.

Key Information

Architect: Robert Adam, Wm Playfair, Robert Rowand Anderson

Building Date: 1789-1877

Where to find us

Address
  • The University of Edinburgh
  • South Bridge
  • Edinburgh
  • EH8 9YL