The A listed Tron Kirk was constructed in the 1630s by the master-mason to the Crown and Edinburgh, John Mylne. Although altered with the creation of South Bridge and Hunter Square and refurbishment in the 1970s the building contains a mix of architectural styles and has one of Edinburgh’s best examples of a 17th century timber ceiling. Archaeological excavations have revealed some of Edinburgh’s best preserved remains of medieval and 16th century tenements located either side of the cobbled medieval Marlin’s Wynd and also a rare surviving section of the medieval High Street.
Architect: John Myln, R & R Dickson
Building Date: 1636-47, with later additionsLimited wheelchair access.