23 September 2017 (11:00-16:00)
24 September 2017 (11:00-16:00)
Trinity House has proudly stood in Leith's Kirkgate since at least 1555. Established to help sailors in need it grew to play a key role in the development of the port and is a reminder of Leith's heritage. The current Trinity House was designed by Edinburgh architect Thomas Brown in 1815, who was largely responsible for the northern streets of Edinburgh's 'Second New Town'.
Architect: Thomas Brown
Building Date: 1816
Activities: Self-guided tours, object handling sessions, family craft activities, meet painting conservators, costumed performers
Limited disabled access