24 September 2017 (10.00-16.00)
The King's Theatre was built in 1905 by Edinburgh builder, William Stewart Cruikshank. Andrew Carnegie laid the foundation stone and the Theatre was opened in 1906 with a performance of Cinderella. The King's Theatre became the headquarters of Howard & Wyndham before being sold to Edinburgh Council in 1966. The local authority managed the King's Theatre up until July 1998 when the operation merged with the Festival Theatre. Festival City Theatres Trust now manages both Theatres. The theatre has beautiful examples of Edwardian stained glass and its domed ceiling is the largest piece of public art work designed and painted by John Bryne.
Building Date: 1905
Hour long tours will be provided at 10:00 AM, 12:00PM, 2:00PM and 4:00 PM.
Limited wheelchair access.