This historic building was constructed between 1842-45
as the Victoria Hall to house the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland. The architects were James Gillespie Graham and Augustus Welby Pugin, famous for his work on the Houses of Parliament. In 1929 it became a temporary home for a variety of congregations. It was named the Highland Tolbooth St John’s Church in 1956, before falling into disuse in the 1980s. Today The Hub is home to the Edinburgh International Festival as well as an exciting venue
for dinners and weddings. A café and box office are also located on the ground floor.