“The most complete Gothic church in Edinburgh”- The Builder, 1865.
Warm, colourful high Victorian church designed by William Slater 1860. Polished granite columns, fine pulpit, stained glass windows and painted ceiling. Walls repainted by Benjamin Tindall Architects in homage to the original rich 1860’s scheme that was whitewashed in 1930s. There are also remains of murals from the 1890s by Dobie & Son.
Architect: William Slater
Building Date: 1860