The walls of the Song School are covered with the murals of Phoebe Traquair. Painted over a fouryear period from 1888-1892, the murals illustrate a hymn of praise by all creation (Benedicite Omnia Opera). They include religious images, portraits of leading figures of the day and of the choir and clergy of the time, and images of the natural world.
The Song School is in daily use by the Cathedral Choristers and therefore public access is normally limited.
Architect: J Oldrid Scott
Building Date: 1845
The Song School will be signposted from the main (West) doors of the Cathedral
Wheelchair access with assistance by prior arrangement.