Search
Search
Back to List

St Margaret's & St Triduana's Aisle, Restalrig

Door open days

Edinburgh

William Burn recreated the destroyed 15C church in 1836, copying the flowing tracery and other details of the period. Attached to the south-west corner is the lower storey of the once two-storey lavishly decorated chapel built for James III. A vaulted hexagon with a central pier, dedicated to St Triduana; the water from her well was reputed to cure eye complaints.

Key Information

Architect: William Burn

Building Date: 1836

Where to find us

Address
  • Restalrig Road South
  • Edinburgh
  • EH76 EA