Search
Search
Back to List

St Columba's by the Castle

Door open days

Edinburgh

The church was built in 1846 to minister to the poor of the Grassmarket and provide a school for 200 children. The schoolroom is now used for community events. Painted glass windows celebrate Scottish saints, many of them women. The east end mural of “Christ in glory” is by John Busby, renowned landscape and wildlife artist. The beautiful quiet garden on the sun-terrace looks out over the rooftops of the Grassmarket to Heriot’s School. 

 

Facilities

Key Information

Building Date: 1846

Where to find us

Address
  • 14 Johnston Terrace
  • EH1 2EL