Since 1835 this Georgian house in Leith has belonged to Raimes Clark and Co Ltd. It is currently home to the Head Office of Lindsay & Gilmour Pharmacies.
The house has retained many of its original features such as the oval central staircase, Adam fireplaces and the oldest surviving walled garden in Leith.
Building Date: 19th century
An exhibition providing information on the history and ownership of the building will be on display.
Image (c) www.scran.ac.uk
Front cover from a leaflet for 'Helios' antiseptic salve, manufactured by Raimes Clark & Coy, Ltd. wholesale chemists of Smith's Place, Leith, Edinburgh. The leaflet dates from the 1920s.