Rock House is known as the most important address in the world of photography as it was the home and studio of pioneering photographers Hill and Adamson from 1843 to 1847. There is currently an exhibition of their work 'A Perfect Chemistry' at the Scottish National Portrait Gallery. The house dates from 1765 and features in JMW Turner’s watercolour 'Edinburgh from Calton Hill'. Recently the house was refurbished and decorated by leading interior designers, Studio Reed and it’s very beautiful.
Building Date: 1765