Initial designs were made for 21 Rutland Square by Archibald Elliot in 1819 but the ground floor flat was actually completed in 1837 as part of a development by John Learmonth and his architect John Tait.
Architect: John Tait
Building Date: 1837
The address is now home to the R S MacDonald Charitable Trust and was sensitively restored in 2009. The 1900 wood panelling in the entrance hall is one of the many interesting features of the property.
Image (c) www.scran.ac.uk