23 September 2017 (14.00-16.00)
The Eastern Garden is 6.90 acres. In 1812 householders from Abercromby Place came together with a plan to purchase the ground that is now occupied by East Queen Street Gardens to create a pleasure garden for the benefit of the local community. The original design was by John Hay, a nursery man and landscape gardener. To this day, the gardens remain an urban parkland.