23 September 2017 (14.00-16.00)
The gardens were established under a private Act of Parliament in 1822. The Central Garden is 4.25 acres. Designed by Andrew Wilson, Landscape Painter, and are based on the classical landscapes of Claude Lorrain. Includes a stone pavilion in the Greek Doric style which underwent conservation in 2014. The gardens are owned by proprietors of the residences overlooking the gardens, paying an annual amount for maintenance based on the rateable value of their property.