John Honeyman designed St. Philip’s in an early decorated style and it was completed in 1877, complete with 165 ft. spire. St. Philip’s and St. Michael’s on Slateford Road are the only two churches created by Honeyman to be found in Edinburgh.The building was ravaged by fire in 1998 but the beautifully restored interior mixes old and new. The stained glass windows were designed by Douglas Hogg and won a Saltire Award for Ar t and Architecture in 2003.
Architect: John Honeyman
Building Date: 1877