Search
Search
Back to List

Point Hotel Conference Centre

Door open days

Edinburgh

Designed as an extension to St Cuthbert’s Co-operative Association’s department store in 1937 by the architect TW Marwick (whose father designed the neighbouring building) the Modernist elevation was the first glass curtain-wall to be built in Scotland. The architect Andrew Doolan converted it to a conference centre in 2000, adding the Penthouse on the 5th floor which offers spectacular views of Edinburgh and the Castle. The conference centre has won numerous design awards.
Facilities

Key Information

Architect: John McLachlan, T P & T W Marwick

Building Date: 1892-1937

Where to find us

Address
  • 34-36 Bread Street
  • Edinburgh
  • EH3 9AF