Search
Search
Back to List

Old St Paul's Episcopal Church

Door open days

Edinburgh

Old Saint Paul’s is an inclusive and welcoming church, just off the Royal Mile. Founded in 1689, it is the original Episcopal church of the city, and was once a Jacobite stronghold. The present 19th century building contains much of interest, such as the ironwork cross which once stood by the gallows, the last thing seen by condemned Jacobites; the WWI Memorial Chapel naming 150 men and 1 woman who died; and Alison Watt’s award-winning painting ‘Still’.

Facilities

Key Information

Where to find us

Address
  • 63 Jeffrey Street
  • Edinburgh
  • EH1 1DH