Search
Search
Back to List

Old Moray House

Door open days

Edinburgh

Originally a private house for Mary, Countess of Home, dating back to 1618, Old Moray House has undergone several changes of use including offices for the British Linen Company, a tea and paper warehouse and a school. It is now occupied by the Moray House School of Education. The Balcony Room and Cromwell Room are of historical interest, notable for their ornate vaulted ceilings and 18th century panelling. The Newington Collection of paintings includes fine examples of the work of the Scottish Colourists.
Facilities

Key Information

Building Date: 1625

Where to find us

Address
  • Moray House School of Education
  • Holyrood Road
  • Old Town, Edinburgh
  • EH8 8AQ