Back to List

Newhaven Station

Door open days


In 1879 Newhaven Station was opened along with other stations built for passengers between North Leith and the Caledonian Station on Princess Street. The railway line closed, with the final train leaving the station on the 28th April 1962. Newhaven is the only survivor of the five Caledonian Railway Stations on the Leith Branch Line. The front façade and the internal conversion work is complete and may be of interest to those who have visited before. The old station now offers desk space to rent.

Key Information

Visual displays 

Image ©

Where to find us

  • 58 Craighall Road
  • Edinburgh
  • EH6 4RR