Search
Search
Back to List

National Archives of Scotland: West Register House

Door open days

Edinburgh

Originally St George's Church, the design by Robert Adam was modified by Robert Reid in 1811. The church with its elegant dome and gilded lantern magnificently closes the vista of George Street. Converted in 1964 for use by the Scottish Record Office (now National Archives of Scotland). The entrance hall only will be open.

Key Information

Architect: Robert Adam, Robert Reid

Building Date: 1811

Where to find us

Address
  • 17a Charlotte Square
  • Edinburgh
  • EH2 4DJ