Built 1809. One of the rings of forts built around the British Isles as a defence against Napoleonic invasions. Designed to support cannons, was last used to house AckAck guns in the 1939-1945 war. It stood on the shore but as a result of the land reclamation in the 1950s and 60's it now stands inland. Leithers know it by the name of the "Tally too'er". Not a venue to be missed. Access by bus only from casino at old dock at bottom of Commercial Street every hour on the hour.