29 September 2018 (10.00 - 16.00)
Built in 1541, the Chapel exists as the last Roman Catholic Chapel in Edinburgh before the Reformation, where it may have hosted the first General Assembly of the Church of Scotland in 1560. It was also the meeting place for the charitable activities of the Hammermen and Incorporate Trades for several centuries. Inside contains the only pre- reformation stained glass in Scotland in its original location, along with 17th century interior features such as inscribed wooden panels and a mortuary table associated with the Covenanters.
Building Date: 16C
Activities: Guided tours, lectures/talks.