Celebrating its 400 year old anniversary this year, Inch House was constructed as an L shaped tower with parts of the original building dating back to earlier times. Acquired in 1617 by James Winram, Keeper of the Signet, it then passed to Sir John Gilmour, President of the Court of Session in 1660 and stayed with the Gilmour family till 1946 when it then passed to Edinburgh Council. The House contains many of its original rooms and features and is now a busy community centre.
ACTIVITIES: Costumed guides will play the part of the some of the people who have lived in the house in order to tell the story of the House and and its people who have played an important role in Scottish and British History.
Building Date: 1617