Home to the International Centre for Mathematical Sciences and the Edinburgh Centre for Carbon Innovation, the former College Street United Presbyterian Church was built in 1856 in Graeco-Italian style by Patrick Wilson.
The finely detailed temple front has conch niches and bracketed balconies. The interior was remodelled in 1996 by Reiach and Hall to form offices and conference facilities.
ICMS is one of the UK’s most important resources in the mathematical sciences. By opening their doors ICMS hope to demonstrate their international work and share some insights into the importance of maths through some interesting, fun and challenging puzzles and games. ECCI’s ‘low carbon hub’ brings together businesses, governments, researchers and communities to find solutions to global challenges and take risks on ideas and innovations that will create a low carbon future. Visit the hub to find out more about what ECCI do and how they do it.
Building Date: 1856, 1996
Limited wheelchair access.
Guided tours. Information leaflets/notes available.