Search
Search
Back to List

Greyfriars Tolbooth and Highland Kirk

Door open days

Edinburgh

The Kirk plays an important part in Scottish history. In 1638 the National Covenant was presented and signed in front of the pulpit and in the mid-19th century the first post-Reformation stained glass windows and one of the first organs were introduced into a Presbyterian church in Scotland. Between 1929-38 the historic building was extensively restored and the interior dividing wall between the two former separate sanctuaries was removed. The Peter Collins organ was installed in 1990.
www.greyfriarskirk.com
Facilities

Key Information

Building Date: 1620

Where to find us

Address
  • 2 Greyfriars Place
  • Edinburgh
  • EH1 2QQ