Originally the home of a small Scottish religious sect, the A-listed former place of worship is hidden within the residential neighbourhood on Barony Street.?
The Glasite Meeting House was constructed in 1835, one of the first designs by Alexander Black. David Bryce added a three tiered pulpit in 1873 to the main meeting space. Although there were once a number of Glasite Meeting Houses across Scotland, this is the last one to retain its interior and the building is very evocative, like a faded Victorian photograph.
Since 1989 it has been used as offices and a venue for hire.
Architect: Alexander Black
Building Date: 1835-36